Beet soup may be a snap to make, but one spoonful of this tastes anything but simplistic. This Paleo approved roasted beet soup has layers of flavor and is equally scrumptious whether you want to enjoy it hot or cold! The beet gives this beautiful looking dish its beautifully rich color and hearty taste, balanced with spices of garam masala and a pinch of garlic. It’s a must-try for any Paleo dieter!
- 3 large beets, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 stalks green garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 cups stock
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- To begin with preheat oven to 400°F.
- Secondly, toss the beets generously with olive oil, salt, and pepper. After that, roast in a single layer for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop white parts of green garlic. Saute over medium-high heat in a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper until soft, for three minutes. Add curry, garam masala, and sugar while sauteeing for an additional minute or so until spices are fragrant.
- Add stock and roasted beets then simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop light green parts of garlic. Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds or until bright green. Consequently, you must remove immediately to a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking and drain it quickly.
- Add garlic greens, greek yogurt, olive oil, and water to food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- When the soup is done simmering, transfer to a blender and purée until very smooth, loosely venting blender lid to allow steam to escape. If you desire a thinner consistency, add water a little bit at a time until satisfied and some salt to taste.
- Finally, serve puréed soup topped with the green garlic cream and olive oil. Enjoy!
Featured Image Source: thepigandquill.com
Sourced from: thepigandquill.comPosted on May 5, 2023